In order to make your business into an actual business that could, in theory, be sold you need to have solid systems in place for how the business is operated from either an automatic or semi-automatic.
Systems that you should consider having in place
- Advertising/Marketing systems which generate predictable amounts of enquiries at predictable prices.
- Automated Social Media and Marketing content which goes out without you having to lift a finger.
- An indoctrination email series that creates a real connection between your business and the potential customer, it also introduces the client to the best parts of your business.
- A follow-up email series which converts fast-moving clients into bookings.
- A drip-feed email campaign which keeps you connected to people who make their decisions more slowly.
- A way of weeding out time-wasters.
- A way of converting wedding fair enquiries into bookings both on the day and in later follow-up.
- Automated quote, contract and invoicing.
- Automated/Semi-automated accounting.
- Automated/Semi-automated follow-up which encourages customers to leave reviews and to recommend your business to others.
With all of the above in place, you would barely have to do any work outside of the actual Wedding side of things.
Can you imagine the first you hear about an enquiry coming in is when you receive a notification that the deposit has been paid into your bank account?
This would be a business which would be profitable, respectable and self-sustaining.
This would be a business that people would want to buy but it would also be a business that you would desperately not want to sell.
This is the sort of business you deserve to be running.
If you have no systems set up at all and the whole thing seems really daunting then don’t worry, every business has been in that position.
It does take some work, it does take some time but the amount of work and time you invest will be given back to you thousands of times over in the life of your business.
If you’d like help with any of this or with any other part of your business then booking a call with Jack and I at Wedding Business Coaches is a great first step forward.
We offer a completely free 15-minute coaching call to chat over the ins and outs of your business and work out what we can do to help you in the long term.